#GivingTuesday is a day when people and organizations from all over the globe come together to give back. On the first Tuesday following Thanksgiving, people around the world will unite for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give. For nonprofit agencies that want to spread the word about their mission and secure sustainable donors this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Founded in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y in partnership with the United Nations Foundation, #GivingTuesday has become a global movement that has engaged over 10,000 organizations worldwide. Free to all nonprofit agencies, #GivingTuesday will provide you with all of the resources you need to take advantage of this extraordinary day.
Here are some examples of how your nonprofit can benefit from participating in #GivingTuesday:
- Launch a new fundraiser or giving platform with national/international press to expand and generate greater funds
- Celebrate efforts and announce totals on #GivingTuesday
- Send online and direct marketing communications to donor community to inspire early giving
- Activate your social media constituency – or start one! – for a social media campaign
- Get a matching grant or offer something new (a new video or photos) for donors
- Create a volunteer day for giving back in your community
The possibilities truly are endless. For additional information, visit www.GivingTuesday.org.
How do you plan to participate in #GivingTuesday? Please share your ideas here.