Is your organization considering accreditation? Here are some recommendations on ways a consultant can assist in your accreditation process. We are happy to answer any questions on accreditation consulting that you may have. Call us at 212.209.0240 or email Rocio@AccreditationGuru.com.
Accreditation in Action highlights organizations who have been through the accreditation process. If you would like your organization featured, call us at 212.209.0240 or email Rocio@AccreditationGuru.com.
Accredited by The Joint Commission since 1986, the Tamarack Center provides top-tier residential psychiatric treatment to adolescents in Spokane, Washington. In addition to a web page devoted to “Accreditation and Licensing” on their site, they also display the Gold Seal of Approval logo from The Joint Commission. Recently, Tim Davis, CEO at Tamarack Center expanded […]
Located near Shelburne, Ontario, Pine River Institute is a residential treatment center and outdoor leadership experience for youth 13 to 19 years old struggling with addictive behaviors and often other mental health issues. Shelburne is approximately 60 miles northwest of Toronto. Pine River Institute’s decision to apply for and maintain national accreditation was based solely […]
Since late February 2020, child welfare agencies and behavioral health care organizations have been forced to focus on two critical functions – infection control and emergency management. Depending on the services provided and location of the organization, providers have been forced to change their operations in ways that include having all employees work remotely, provide […]
We congratulate HeartShare Human Services of New York and HeartShare St. Vincent’s Services of New York City on receiving their re-accreditation through COA, Council On Accreditation! Since its founding in 1914, HeartShare and its Family of Services has expanded to more than 100 program sites in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island and operates in 60 of […]
We congratulate Shamah Autism Center on achieving their three-year accreditation through CARF International! Shamah Autism Center, located in Saudi Arabia, is a special education school providing education for children 3 to 12 years with autism spectrum disorders, Asperger syndrome and associated social and communication difficulties. “We are extremely grateful for Accreditation Guru for the consultation […]
The interest in national accreditation is on the rise. More and more behavioral health and human services organizations making an investment in their future by becoming nationally accredited. Why? Here are five reasons service providers should consider accreditation this year.
- Accreditation provides an external validation of the quality of your programs and services. This can increase credibility and boost your reputation to help expand your referral base, attract individuals looking for services, and recruit and retain quality staff.
- As health insurance coverage for mental health and addiction treatment rises, accreditation is increasingly being used as an indicator of quality by private payers, Medicaid and managed care programs such as TRICARE. Becoming accredited can help you diversify your funding streams, qualify for more contracts and receive payment approvals.
- Going through the accreditation process helps standardize policies and procedures across programs/services and throughout multiple locations. This helps build staffing efficiencies and expands best practices across your organization. The result is a consistent framework that can be easily replicated to facilitate future growth.
- Accreditation is also an exercise in reducing your risk profile. In addition to helping your organization reduce and/or better manage difficult situations and emergencies (helping your legal team sleep better at night!), it may also give you a chance to renegotiate your liability insurance, sometimes significantly.
- The accreditation process helps organizations review and strengthen their policies and practices through compliance with national standards of care. This includes creating processes for gathering and using data for continuous improvement of the quality of the services you provide.
For questions and assistance with your accreditation and/or post accreditation, please contact us at 212.209.0240 or email Rocio@AccreditationGuru.com.
By Dave Branding, PhD One of my absolute favorite days of the work year calendar is strategic planning. I look forward to this special opportunity when key leaders come together and focus. We scan the environment, assess our positions, incorporate input, determine goals and set priorities for how we intend to perform the important work […]