Most organizations in today’s global business environment, whether for-profit or non-profit, are led by a thoughtfully selected board of directors who will serve as the ultimate decision makers for an agency. To be effective, a board of directors must be a cohesive, well-functioning, engaged group of experienced individuals dedicated to guiding an organization to effectively reach and consistently maintain its overall mission. This can be done in a variety of creative ways, including via the development of strategically determined board of directors’ sub-committees who are focused on various aspects of the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
Accreditation Guru will guide your organization in developing a board of directors that includes members who will serve as key supporters and leaders throughout the agency, including:
- Create and facilitate long-term strategic plans and annual strategic reviews
- Write an official board of director’s manual and training guide
- Develop an on-boarding process to ensure that all new members are properly oriented and educated to be effective contributors from the beginning of their board tenure
- Determine the most appropriate board size for a specific organization, including diversity representation, as well as individual sub-committees that can provide valuable in-depth information on specific areas of study
- Accountability measures and performance indicators for determining board member effectiveness
An organization’s board of directors is a valuable and irreplaceable component for ensuring that it is prepared and able to deliver measurable results to the clients it serves. Accreditation Guru is here to support your organization to Prepare for Greatness™!